Friday, May 9, 2008

D Day

The overhelming feeling is of relief. I am relief that I cud cross this off my list of things to do before I die, but I am more relief that I managed to get down from the peak without breaking my neck.

Climbing to Laban Rata was a peach. Took it slowly, started at 10 AM n arrived at 3 PM. Rained part of the way, temp 11 degrees at LR, no altitude sickness but my body still felt flushed with slight fever. I was restless so I climbed to Gunting Lagadan, another 200 M after shower n change n chatted with the 2 guards there.

It rained heavily that night. Temp went down to 8 degrees outside. Went to bed afer dinner at 7 but sleep wudnt come. Its too hot in the room, we switched off the heater n open the door slightly. Still sleep wudnt come. Thats one of the symptoms of altitude sickness too.

No comments: